Don’t Worry!

You become what you think about. happyHave you experienced this? There’s a lot going on in the world right now that can really get us down. But we can decide for ourselves if we will focus on the positive or the negative. 60% of happiness depends on your DNA and life circumstances, but what you think and do affect the other 40%. Not only does being positive make your day a whole lot better, but studies show that anxiety, a lack of enjoyment of daily activities and pessimism all are associated with higher rates of disease and a shorter lifespan. [Go here for more on the health benefits of positive thinking.] So if you’re feeling down, do something to make you happy! Go for a jog in the park, visit a local pet store, buy someone special a gift, have a night in watching movies with your friends…there’s tons of options. When life hands you lemons, rather than sulk about how you got more lemons and nothing ever goes your way, be positive – get some vodka, spike that lemonade, and have a party! Choose happiness.     ~Dutch

 

And here’s my fave youtube video to start off your week with a good laugh:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s